May 22nd, 2013
WFB Fight Club
Rules v1.0 dated 25 May 2013
Fight Club: WFB @ Midpoint begins this Saturday. Bring your armies – your heroes, your regiments, your rare toys, disparate units all. Form desperate alliances. Fight fair. Claim Victory. And remember to have fun.
Fight Club Warhammer uses the Big Red Rulebook [or small red rulebook]. The only difference is that the points don’t matter [as much.] Choose your army in a different manner. Learn to fight bigger opponents. Or defend against smaller opponents. And have fun. All current WFB army books are valid. Mix and match your collection using alliances.
Choosing and Army
- Army books – all current editions are valid.
- Points Values – Every unit has a points value in the army book. This is recorded clearly and your opponent may ask for it after the game.
- Size of Game – this is where Fight club makes it fun. No longer are we always seeking a fair fight. You can choose your army according to the following requirements:
- Army List
- Points: There is no agreed points value. Any differences in army points value will be managed by objectives and special game benefits.
- The General – Each army must have a general. [this may be a lord or hero.]
- Number of units : You must field the following number of units:
- 1 Hero Choice
- 1 Core choice
- 1 Core / Special / Rare Choice
- 1 Any other Unit [from Any army list]
- Each regiment selected may include one additional hero choice. This hero may not leave the regiment.
- Duplicate choices – [small red book pp135] These count as 1 of the above choices.
- Week 1 & 2 mission – Battle1: Battle line
- Mysterious Terrain
- Not in effect this battle
- Table size: 3’ x 4’ Wide
- Deployment zones must be 12” away from table center.
[essentially 12” x 36” on your side of the table]
- Secret deployment
- Take a piece of paper, and mark out where each unit is roughly going to be deployed in your deployment zone. Both player then deploy their units as marked out, and make any MINOR final adjustments to their facing and ranks.
- First Turn:
- Player that has at least 100 points less than his/her opponent takes the first turn. Else, roll off, and winner goes first..
- Game Length:
- 4+ turns:
At the end of turn 4, roll 1d6+number of turns taken. If the result is more than 8, the game ends. Repeat until more than 8 is rolled at the end of a turn.
- Victory Conditions:
- Score the victory points as normal. Then divide the score by your army’s starting points. The player with the higher score wins.
- Scenario Special Rules:
- Cavalry, Monstrous Cavalry units gain Ambush.
- Player with the smaller army gains 1 re-roll [to hit, to wound, or armour save] for every full 30 points of difference.
[72 points difference will give you 2 re-rolls; 59 points will give you 1 re-roll.]
- Fights are only scored for games played @ Paradigm Infinitum Midpoint.
May 16th, 2013
Thank you for your custom and support at PI Fusionopolis over the past 3 years.
It has been a fun time at the outpost outside the big city.
We will be ending operations from 18th May to focus our efforts
on making shopping at Paradigm Midpoint even more exciting.
All Customers with existing orders at PI Fusionopolis will be transferred to the care of PI Midpoint.
Thank you again.
Paradigm Infinitum Fusionopolis
May 15th, 2013
The Straitjacketed Times
15 May 2013
By: Wah “Boon” Ai Sng
In another effort to encourage collecting as a hobby, retailers launch their last series of discounts aimed at encouraging collectors to turn out in droves.
Enjoyment can be found in all aspects of life, and collecting is but one. Creating 3-D physical works of personal art is also on the rise.
Mr BigNoodle announced the final series of warehouse clearance items was now up for grabs. As public enjoyment falls with the requirement of CoEs, home entertainment is set to increase. More private parties, invite-only, and gatherings of friends will occur in the privacy of homes.
The list of the deflationary goods list is now found here 2013-05 LoTR Sale List.
So, as the famous quote from a popular series went … “Catch them all!” while you can!
April 26th, 2013
May the Fourth be with You.
It is a dark time for the Galaxy…
But there is a New Hope with the long awaited release of the X-Wing Miniature Game Wave 2.
In conjunction with Wave 2, PI is proud to bring you STAR WARS DAY 2013: THE BATTLE OF MIDPOINT.
Come on down to PI Midpoint on May the Fourth and join the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire in an epic battle for supremacy!
- Star Wars Miniatures: Win an A-Wing by triumphing in our X-Wing Melee Maelstrom!
- Star Wars Living Card Game: Emerge victorious in our Star Wars LCG Cantina Brawl and claim your Limited Edition Darth Vader card!
- Star Wars homage: For Fans attending dressed as their favourite Star Wars character, we are giving away free X-Wing and TIE Fighter miniatures!*
Join the Rebels to fight for freedom and liberty!
Crush the traitors beneath the boots of Tyranny as the Empire!
Are you the Chosen One who will bring Balance to the Force?
Come find out at Paradigm Infinitum’s first Star Wars Day at Midpoint!
Launch Schedule as Follows:
- 1300: X-Wing Wave 2 Launch
- 1315: Star Wars LCG Cantina Brawl
- 1330: X-Wing Melee Maelstrom
Like and Share this on Facebook
What is X-Wing the Miniature Game?
What is Star Wars the Living Card Game?
May the Fourth be with you.
April 25th, 2013
April 12th, 2013
Fight Club Rule Set v1.1
1st Rule of Fight Club :
Talk About Fight Club
2nd Rule of Fight Club :
There are No Points
3rd Rule of Fight Club :
Take pride in your efforts – all models fielded must be fit-for-tabletop. [painted & based as necessary]
4th Rule of Fight Club:
You will be given objectives to complete.
[you may not be required beat your opponent senseless!]
5th Rule of Fight Club:
You may not fight the same person more than twice in a single session.
6th Rule of Fight Club:
Bring your own gloves [or tools, dice, accessories, or whatever else is necessary to fight.] We only provide the ring and the cameras.
7th Rule of Fight Club:
8th Rule of Fight Club:
Talk about Fight Club
[Game System Sub-Rules follows below]
April 10th, 2013
The Straitjacketed Times
01 April 2013
By: Pai Chae “Friend” Sng
In another realignment musterstroke, retailers today move to proffer even more attractive prices as the impact of CoEs truly hits home for residents. Faced with the idea of working to live, residents are now seriously reviewing what ‘enjoyment’ truly means. Is a hobby enjoyment? Does one’s enjoyment depend on society’s approval? How does one get around the need for a CoE?
Mr BigNoodle announced that after going through their warehouse clean ups, his company has found more items that need to be sold; in a deflationary environment, selling today is better than waiting for the product to appreciate through future price increases.
Spanning the range of fantasy miniatures, as well as science fiction miniatures from popular intellectual properties, the sale will run until the end of April 2013. Mr BigNoodle further explained that he wanted his resident customers to be fully prepared to enjoy their hobby in the privacy of their own homes… and the only way to do that was to have miniatures to paint and collect, and ready to face 01 May when CoE restrictions apply. He also confirmed that there would be a Fantasy Battles Fight Club to start in May 2013. and that he is working on securing a CoE exception for playing within his stores’ premises and believes it will be possible.
Shopping List of deflated goods can be found HERE –>>> 2013-04CtW
Responding to these moves, Mr Wah Bian Sng, Secretary for the Ministry of Enjoyment, said, “We have absolute faith that these deflationary moves by the market are clear signs that we have always needed a CoE system to manage our GDP estimates. We believe that we are on track to hit our targets for this financial year.”
April 10th, 2013
L2P @ PI on Fridays!
This week: Rock Band Manager
Friday 12th April
4pm – 9pm
Come down to Paradigm Infinitum Midpoint at 5 and 8pm and learn to play our Game of the Week: Rock Band Manager!
L2P is our weekly feature and showcase of great games. We’ll show you the game, run you through a quick demo and hopefully learn something new!
Bring together an epic band and rock to the top in Rockband Manager!
In this card game for three to six players, take the role of band manager, assemble a group, and guide them to stardom. Use your talented stars to record killer albums, book sweet gigs, perform sold-out shows, and gain decibels to win the game. Bid for new gear and opportunities to improve your group’s sound. Throw a cheap shot at your rivals by engaging in some hijinks. There are multiple roads to glory in this game, so you must develop a plan to rise above the competition. Are you ready to rock?
RSVP on Facebook, by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us in store at 6734 3858. Then drop by Midpoint next Friday and learn a new game!
April 8th, 2013
The Bear ponders
A Call to Game!: Where lies community?
Tl:dr – how to have fun playing games with other kids whilst teaching your own kids about life.
2012 has been a rough year for me personally and it got me thinking about life, the universe and everything else. Somewhere along the way, it also got me thinking about what I/We can do not just for ourselves but for other people as well.
In my many years at PI, we’ve always talked about finding charities to work with and aid. We also believed working with such a charity should be more than just a once a year commitment and photo-opportunity. We wanted to work with charity organizations in a way where our specialized hobby knowledge would help much more than just offering another pair of hands. Much as they appreciate it, regular professionals perform better than once a year CIP-hour enthusiasts.
The opportunity to do this came early this year with an email from the Chen Su Lan Children’s Methodist Home [Facebook page] when they approached us asking if we had any board games that were suitable for the kids in the home. After a short visit and discussions, we @PI decided that Chen Su Lan Children’s Methodist Home will be our first charity collaboration for the year.
April 7th, 2013
Final Standings for March ends with Winston on top of the leader board.
Who will win in April? Come down to Midpoint on Sundays with your army* to be the one on top of the heap!
*One HQ, one Troop, one other choice. No points. Just fight.