“The best way to defeat a Space Wolf is to wolf his wolf. You must be careful, though, because if the Space Wolf wolfs your wolf first, then your wolf is wolfed.”
– Attributed to Wolf Lord Egil Ironwolf, On the Intricacies of Tactical Wolffare
PAGE HAS BEEN CENSURED BY ORDER OF THE EMPEROR’S HOLY INQUISITION
Murder Servitors Have Been Dispatched
ALL NEW… WAIT… WHAT…?
FOR RUSS AND THE ALLFATHER!
A HERO RETURNS! A NEW SAGA BEGINS!
From the frozen world of Fenris, the Space Wolves sail out across the Sea of Stars, seeking enemies to vanquish and worlds to save. Proud and noble savages, the Space Wolves eschew the teachings of the Codex Astartes in favour of the traditions laid down by their Primarch Leman Russ – their armies filled with giant wolves, lone heroes and skyborne longships. Spurred on by the return of a living legend, the Space Wolves stand as living proof that even in the dark future there can still be heroes.
The Iron Wolves Cometh
The ponderous Leman Russ is generally only used by the Astra Militarum, being deemed too slow for the lightning strikes favored by the Adeptus Astartes. Yet even this honoured tank finds its place in the armoury of the Sons of Russ and their iconoclastic ways of war. Where even the lethal Predator and Vindicator packs of the Iron Wolves struggle, the battle tanks named for their Primarch grind forward inexorably, guns scything through the serried ranks of foe as they shrug off desperate return fire to crush the dead and dying beneath adamantine tracks.
A New Saga of Heroes
Lieutenants act as the right hands of the Wolf Lords by providing flexibility and helping to direct their battle-brothers in engagements. Great Companies are often split into 2 Demi-companies, each of which falls under the command of a Lieutenant who leads his brothers unflinchingly into battle. Space Wolves Lieutenants are presented the mantle of leadership by the personal recommendation of the Wolf Lords, and these aspiring heroes lead the packs to glory, eager to forge their own growing saga into a personal tale of heroism.
Death From Afar
The Long Fangs form a cadre of veterans, hoary with age, proud and wise. Ensconced within the armoured fury of the mighty Centurion armour, these long-range specialists pound enemy positions with salvos of heavy weapons fire. Standing resolute against the worst the foe can throw against them, the Long Fangs exact disproportionate retribution with weapons of their own, pulping infantry with unending streams of bolter fire and reducing enemy armour to burning pyres with deadly precise lascannon shots. Even should the fighting turn to the press of melee, these cagey veterans are far from helpless, the bulk of their armor smashing those who thought them defenceless to the ground to be trampled underfoot.
CODEX HERETIC ASTARTES????:
COMING SOON????Check the Calender Date.
– Space Wolves are rebuilding slowly after Wrath of Magnus, hampered by significant population losses on Fenris.
– Wolves now have Primaris Great Companies. 13th through 16th Companies are exclusively Primaris. Mixed squads are filling ranks in other depleted Companies.
(13th Company re-instituted at Guilliman’s orders)
– Wolf Priests still around. Space Wolves also get Primaris Chaplains and Primaris Apothecaries who are responsible for policing Wulfen mutation (Disciplinary Officer icon on Shoulder Pad)
– Initial joyous reunion now leading to internal suspicions. The Wolves starting to suspect Guilliman means to slowly bring them to compliance. New Primaris Wolf Lords not getting along with Logan and the Old Guard. Chaplains and Apothecaries not helping.
– The Boss is back somehow but not entirely lucid. Prone to bouts of uncontrolled savagery. Unexplained. Read the Codex. Suspicious of Guilliman’s true intentions/identity?. Claims he ‘reeks of duplicity‘. “Not the Brother I once knew.” Not happy with the current state of the Wolves either. Cold to Bjorn who he blames for not leading them properly.